ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (2-Day Post Conference Training)
Scheduled to run Thu-Fri, October 12-13.Achieve and demonstrate compliance with the latest information security regulations and laws with this industry expert delivered classroom training course.
Designed by the team that led the world’s first successful ISO 27001 implementation. Learn about the nine steps to ISO 27001 success and how to tackle an ISMS project from start to finish.
This two-day accelerated classroom course version of our usual three-day ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer helps you implement an information security management system (ISMS), allowing your business to achieve and demonstrate compliance with key legislation where data security is essential, including the New York DFS Cybersecurity Requirements (23 NYCRR 500), HIPAA, FedRAMP, and the Sarbanes–Oxley Act.
What will you learn?
- Securing senior management commitment and building the business case
- How to determine the scope of your ISMS
- The role and structure of an information security policy
- Developing a management framework
- How to develop and manage your ISO 27001 project
- Allocating roles and responsibilities
- The definition of risk in ISO 27001 and options for risk assessments
- Carrying out an information security risk assessment
- Drawing up a Statement of Applicability and risk treatment plan
- Core documentation, policies and procedures needed for your project
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A of ISO 27001
- The importance of an effective communication strategy
- The importance of staff and general awareness training
- The key elements of management review
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit
- Important information to ensure that you pass the audit first time
Delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification by IBITGQ. This course also meets the requirements of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) for additional Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) qualifications.
Please note: Delegates attending the training course are required to bring their own laptop in order to sit the on-site online exam.